Peripheral IV Securement Devices
Discussion of study results and current guidelines
to support use of Guard360®:
Approximately 40% of peripheral catheters develop complications and require a “restart” (Rickard et al., The Lancet, 2012). The CDC encourages use of a catheter “securement device” to decrease phlebitis, catheter migration and dislodgement for intravascular catheters (CDC Guidelines for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections, 2011). Catheter “stabilization devices” can reduce the incidence of IV catheter complications by 67% and unscheduled IV catheter restarts by 76% over the use of “tape” (Schears et al., Journal of Infusion Nursing, 2005).
In the INS Position Paper, “catheter stabilization is often inadequate or is not done, posing a risk for several complications such as loss of access, treatment delays, infection and infiltration/extravasation. Documented evidence supports the benefits of using a stabilization device or system to minimize complications” (INS Infusion Standards of Practice, Journal of Infusion Nurse, 2011 & Bausone-Gazda et al., Journal Infusion Nurse, 2010).
Please follow Hospital protocol or CDC guidelines.
- Check that pouch is not opened or damaged.
- Prepare catheter injection site and position the catheter into vein as per CDC guidelines.
- Attach the Luer lock to the catheter.
- Hold the securement device and slide it under the Luer lock attached to the catheter. Make sure the Luer is positioned in the Recessed CRADLE.
- Hold the Luer in position in the securement device with one hand.
- With the other hand, position the index finger below the Round TAB with the thumb above the Round TAB. The index finger should be completely against the FLANGE and the thumb directly above the FLANGE.
To properly secure the Locking Strap, stretch the Locking Strap and either slide the FLANGE into the GROOVE or press the FLANGE at a 45 degree angle into GROOVE. Check that the entire FLANGE is secured in the GROOVE.
- Align the securement device to the catheter and pull the GREEN liner tab and then pull the BLUE liner tab to adhere the securement device to the skin.
- Apply the IV dressing per facility protocol.
- Check that the securement device and IV dressing are secure.
- Please contact Customer Service at: +1 847 909-4298
- Contract Prices will be applied if you are part of group pricing
- Contract pricing will also be applied for regular customers
- Quantity of 50 units per box
- Quantity of 200 units per case
- Product will be charged at $3.25 per unit unless under contract
- Regular shipping of $8.95 for 1-2 boxes, $15.95 for 3-4 boxes, $24.95 for 5-8 boxes. Greater than 9 boxes to be determined.
- Extra shipping costs for expedited delivery. Call 847 909-4298 for arrangements
- Appropiate sales state tax will be added
To receive refund, shipped product needs to be returned to PrimeGuard Medical in unopened original boxes within 30 days receipt of product and must be accompanied by a copy of the packing list, invoice and any other pertinent information
Customer information is collected for the purpose of processing your order. This information is kept confidential and is not shared.
For additional questions please contact Doug Johnson at 847 909-4298 or firstname.lastname@example.org
$162.50 per box
50 units per box, unless under contract
Add To Cart
PrimeGuard Medical® has agreements with various distributors who carry the Guard360® Product. We will recommend a distributor for you’re to work with.
For sample orders here are answers to common questions:
How long will it take for my order to be processed?
- Order will be shipped within 2 business days from receiving orders.
- Orders will be sent via standard ground delivery. Upon request, expedited shipment methods are available for additional costs.
- New customer will need to supply complete address and billing information, and may involve a credit review, before orders are processed.
- Orders direct to home patients will be shipped after confirmation of payment by credit card or
- For orders shipped to addresses outside the U.S., please allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery. Upon request, expedited shipment methods are available for additional costs.